Welcome to Earth
Sometimes I feel like an alien when I talk to some people...
I tell someone that I'm going to Armenia soon:
- I'm going to Armenia.
- Armenia? Why?
- Why not? I've never been there. I like to go to the new places.
- I see. But why have you decided to go to Armenia?
- Because I like to travel and I've never been there.
- But you can go somewhere else.
- (Damn, what does he want from me?) Yes, I can. But I just had an idea to go to Armenia and I'm going there.
- OK. But what are you gonna do there?
- Travel, make photos, see places, meet people.
- Why can't you just answer the questions?!
- ??? What questions? I just answered.
- Why did you choose Armenia? What's special about it?
- (Ok, I should guess what answer he is expecting from me) Well, it's close, cheap and I don't need visa to go there.
- Ah, ok!
Someone is asking me about my job:
- So, you came back to Moscow. When are you going back to work?
- What work?
- You use to work at the bank, right. Are you going back?
- No, I have job already.
- What job do you have?
- I'm a photographer.
- But I mean real job.
- What's unreal about my job.
- But it's not a stable job. It's hard to earn money doing it.
- It's not easy to earn money doing anything.
- Yes, but it's weird. You need a proper job anyway...
Someone is surprised that I travel the world alone:
- So did you move to Bali alone?
- But did you have someone there?
- Did you have a job there?
- And were you traveling Asia all alone?
- (Isn't it obvious?) Because I love traveling and I'm alone.
- But it's scary!
- Not really.
- But it's so boring. Being alone all the time.
- I meet lots of amazing people everywhere. I don't feel lonely at all.
- But it's scary anyway!
After 5 minutes of such a conversation, to prevent me from hearing it any longer, my brain automatically turns on the song of Guano Apes that's playing in my head:
"Open your eyes, open your mind
Proud like a god don't pretend to be blind
Trapped in yourself, break out instead
Beat the machine that works in your head"